Advocacy & Influence
BAM is a signatory to Contractors Declare.
Mitigating climate change is a key challenge for society. BAM acknowledges its responsibility as a business operating across the lifecycle of the built environment, within both buildings and infrastructure sectors. By 2050, BAM wants to have a net positive impact on the climate. They are working towards this goal by reducing their own emissions towards zero and helping others and their partners in the value chain to reduce theirs.
This means BAM aims to:
- Reduce the energy they use by digitalising their business and by improving the efficiency of their operations.
- Use as much power, fuel and heat from renewable or non-polluting sources as possible.
- Work with their clients and supply chain to reduce their emissions where BAM has the opportunity to influence.
- Bring low or zero carbon products and services to market to scale their positive impact.
- Encourage their employees to champion carbon reduction at work and at home to foster a more sustainable society.
BAM cannot achieve anything on their own, so they are committed to working with others, such as WorldGBC and UKGBC on advocacy, partnering on the Advancing Net Zero programme, endorsing the WorldGBC’s embodied carbon report and calling on governments to take stronger action towards a net zero carbon built environment. They are also influencing clients to choose lower carbon approaches across their construction, civil engineering and FM businesses, providing them with the support they need, for instance to identify, finance and implement carbon reduction measures.