Advocacy & Influence
- Launch of Supply Chain Charter and Sustainability Tool to measure scope 1, 2, 3 carbon within the supply chain.
- Currently baselined scope 3 emissions.
- Launch of new Sustainable Development Framework to guide development teams in considering reducing carbon in at the start of the design process for the whole life cycle of the building.
- Use of online platform ‘One Click’ to measure and reduce the embodied carbon within the material specifications of our new developments.
- Investing in R&D for new cement free concrete called CemFree where emissions from cement are avoided.
- Retrofitted over 750 property units and continuing to retrofit the heritage buildings in our operational portfolio to use less energy.
- Trialling innovate energy storage.
- All directly managed buildings have 100% renewable energy.
- Trained Senior Management Team on new commitments.
- Large developments are required to measure and reduce embodied carbon e.g. Cundy Street Quarter has reduced embodied carbon by 20% against the original design.
- Signed a letter to Theresa May advocating that businesses support governments net zero target by 2050.
- Update green lease to influence tenants to reduce carbon, water and waste emissions.