Advocacy & Influence
Lendlease recognises the risks that a world warmed by more than 1.5°C poses to ecosystems and communities around the globe and, therefore, the urgent need to tackle climate change. That is why the company has dedicated itself to addressing the climate crisis head on by setting an ambitious target to help limit global warming to less than 1.5°C. This target endeavours to eliminate carbon emissions from the global business by 2040. To achieve this, the company is committed to being:
– Net Zero Carbon across scope 1 and 2 emissions by 2025, and
– Absolute Zero Carbon across all three scopes by 2040.
To deliver of this target, Lendlease’s decarbonisation pathway involves:
1. Create a decarbonisation investment strategy in 2021
2. Phase out diesel and gas in our operations
3. Use 100% renewable electricity before 2030
4. Collaborate with supply chain partners to set pathways to zero carbon by 2040
5. Collaborate with our tenants and residents to transition to renewable electricity by 2040
Progress is already being made by Lendlease to help eliminate emissions in the built environment, as demonstrated when they became the first property and investment company to sign up to ResponsibleSteel in 2019. This brings together many suppliers and manufacturers, partnering to reduce emissions across the supply chain. Within the European region, the company is also looking across all areas of the property cycle to develop a Net Zero roadmap that will play a fundamental part in delivering its future £26 billion urban regeneration pipeline.